I am participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge: A slice a day for all of March. You should do it too! Thank you, Two Writing Teachers! Readers, check out their site, and start slicing!
Assessment Lessons from E’s yellow stripe Tae Kwon Do Test today:
- Encourage your class.
“You have worked so hard! You guys can do this.”
- Frame the test for your students so they know what’s happening.
“Do you know what’s going to happen today? We are going to do your kicks, blocks, punches and forms.”
- Coach when possible, give learners the nudge they need.
“Straighten your arm!”
- Give students more than one chance.
“Which was your worst form just now? Come up here and try again.”
- Involve students with feedback.
“What do you think your best was today? What about your worst?”
- Help students make goals.
“What do you think you should work on practicing now?”
- Rituals and celebrations are important.
“Line up here, we will put the yellow stripe on the left side of your belt. Congratulations!”